Swift Talk Forums HERE

Carver2 boiler

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Carver2 boiler

Postby Cipi » February 11th, 2008, 11:11 am

Hi,
I'm new on this forum, and mailing from Belgium.
I have a question about the bloiler in my '94 Swift Challenger 470.
Who can tell me how the bloiler is working?
They told me that the boiler is working with gas and electric.
How can i swich between gas and electric?
I have on the controle pannel a switch with "heater on". When i put that switch in "on" all the 3 lamps get burning, but notting happend after.
Under the seat is an other pannel in beige with lamps. Here is burnung only the green en yellow one.
The tank is full of water and there is now air in the water system.

Regards Dirk
Cipi
Members

Re: Carver2 boiler

Postby carabiker » February 11th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Hi Dirk

welcome to the Swift Forum

Manuals and other information can be found and down loaded from Gary's web site Arc Systems
http://www.arcsystems.biz/

The printed circuit board for the water heater requires a minimum of 12 volts Dc from the caravan on board battery
The printed Circuit boards also be come loose in the connectors remove and firmly replace the PC B into the connector strip

Hope this helps

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby Cipi » February 14th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
I stil have a problem.
Some times when i put on the heater there hapend nothing en some times the heater goes on. Is it possible that there is an other problem?

Regards Dirk
Cipi
Members

Postby charles » February 15th, 2008, 11:06 am

The switch on the control panel is for operating the heater on gas. If all is well the only lamp that should remain lit is the green one. If you also have the amber and red ones lit then there is a problem. It could be lack of gas, a fault within the burner or a fault with the electronic control system. The box under the bunk contains a couple of fuses. These can blow so do check them. You will sometimes find spares inside the lid of the box.

To operate the heater on mains electricity you need to locate another switch market ‘water heater’. It will be light brown in colour and the size of a domestic wall switch. It should contain a 7 amp fuse directly above the switch lever. It could well be on the bunk containing the heater. You can safely operate the heater on gas and mains at the same time.
Last edited by charles on February 22nd, 2008, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
charles
Members

Postby carabiker » February 15th, 2008, 11:36 am

Cipi wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
I stil have a problem.
Some times when i put on the heater there hapend nothing en some times the heater goes on. Is it possible that there is an other problem?

Regards Dirk

Hi Dirk

The water heater also has a "non return " valve that can stick and may need replacing

When the hot tap is open will the water flow from the aqua roll via the pump and the heater to the hot tap if so then the heater is full of water

I would contact Gary at Arc he repairs these heater ( and other equipment ) as a full time job
Gary will provide free advice and recommendations on how to over come the problem
He carries all the spare parts needed for repairs ( if parts are needed )
Phone or e-mail him real nice guy

From his web site the is a link to Preloved caravans which also provides advice on fault finding

Regards
Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby charles » February 16th, 2008, 11:53 am

I assume the problems you are having are when operating the heater on gas. I also assume you have checked that a good supply of gas is reaching the heater and that you have a good 12 volt supply to the control circuitry.

The first thing I would check is whether the heater tries to ignite when you switch it on. Get someone to switch it on for you whilst you listen by the heater outlet outside. You should be able to hear the spark ignite and then hear the gas ignite. If there is no spark then the igniter may be faulty. If there is a spark but no ignition then the gas solenoid valve or circuitry that operates it may be faulty. If the gas ignites and then goes out the flame sensing circuitry is faulty.
charles
Members

Postby Cipi » February 22nd, 2008, 3:27 pm

Hi,

The problem is that somtimes when i switch on i see and hear the ignition and the heater indeed goes on after 2 or 3 sec. But also sometimes when i switch on there is happend notting. The 3 leds ar burnung but that is all.
There is no ignition.
Also i don'f understand if the heater is working only with gas or also with 220V. Here some one sayd that the heater is working with both, on a dutch forum they told me he's only working on gas.
I know i have a control unit under the seat. When it works with 220V how i get in on? How i can switch between gas and 220V.

Regards Dirk
Cipi
Members

Postby charles » February 22nd, 2008, 4:35 pm

Dirk,

You will find the answers to your most recent questions in my first response to you above. If you need help beyond that I suggest you take your caravan to a dealer who has experience with older UK caravans. Virtually all UK caravan prior to the 2001 model year were fitted with Carver water heaters.
charles
Members

Return to Technical