Swift Talk Forums HERE

1996 Classic Silhouette electrics

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

1996 Classic Silhouette electrics

Postby elsid » May 3rd, 2008, 10:27 am

I have been trying to check my electrics with a meter and getting nothing! looking at the wiring diagram I see there is a relay in the loom. It appears that the activating coil is wired to pin 6, the fridge line. All other internal circuits seem to go through the relay from pin 4 via the ECM and the battery is charged from pin 2 via the ECM. If all this is true I will not get any meter readings until 12v is applied to pin 6. At the front of the van, under the right hand settee with all the fuses etc. there is a sort of electric "key", a plastic unit with a piece of PCB sticking out. It has 8 wires coming from it and going into the loom. Does any one know what it is for or what it does?
Sid
elsid
Members

Re: 1996 Classic Silhouette electrics

Postby charles » May 9th, 2008, 8:42 am

I think the 'key' you refer to is an anti theft device. Unplugging it will probably stop the roadlights from working. Naturally it's not a huge deterrent to theives and so I think it was only fitted for a short period.
charles
Members

Return to Technical