Swift Talk Forums HERE

2008 Challenger 540 water pump

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

2008 Challenger 540 water pump

Postby braemoray » May 6th, 2008, 8:07 pm

Hi
I bought my first swift at the beginning of the year and am very pleased with it with one exception, the WATER PUMP.
There is flojet 5.3L pm 20psi pump on it and this does not seem to be powerfull enough to work the shower or the wash basin, the water just dribbles out.
This is our first experence of an inboard pump and to be frank we are disappointed.
Is this usall for inboard pumps and has anybody out there got any suggestions?
braemoray
Members

Re: 2008 Challenger 540 water pump

Postby carabiker » May 7th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Hi

We have just used our Conqueror for the first time, not tried the shower but the pressure at the taps are too powerful when first turned on ,,water splashes over of the sink
The problem we had was that as the system was drained by the dealer it took half of the aqua roll to fill up the pipes work, then started to dispense a mixture of water and air, Found the problem was the inlet hose filter floating to the top of the water in the aqua roll.

Removed the filter slipped a length of plastic 28 mm tube over the inlet hose and refitted the filter then it worked fine

Regards
Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby mike142sl » May 7th, 2008, 8:51 pm

braemoray wrote:Hi
I bought my first swift at the beginning of the year and am very pleased with it with one exception, the WATER PUMP.
There is flojet 5.3L pm 20psi pump on it and this does not seem to be powerfull enough to work the shower or the wash basin, the water just dribbles out.
This is our first experence of an inboard pump and to be frank we are disappointed.
Is this usall for inboard pumps and has anybody out there got any suggestions?
Does the water come out of the other taps OK?. If so it points to air in the pipes.
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Postby peacemaker » June 9th, 2008, 11:45 am

We also have the ongoing problem of the water filter floating in the aquaroll - very annoying. We also have poor pressure in the shower but from taps is fine. Ours is a 2008 Charisma. Also the pump is very noisy compared to our old van.
peacemaker
Members

Postby carabiker » June 9th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Hi

re the water filter I used a length of 28 mm plastic tube ( rigid waste pipe )

No problem with pump nose

Not tried the shower that next week on a site with limited facilities

dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Return to Technical